Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: Q&A
- Will I be able to transfer my MH Tri-character to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?
It will not be possible to transfer your character or anything similar to the “item transfer” in MHFU. You start from scratch.
- Will I be able to play with people from all over the world?
Initially it was planned to restrain the online-multiplayer-capabilities to your continent. However there will now be an update somewhen in april, that let’s European players play with fellow hunters from North America.
- Will there be downloadable content (DLC)?
Capcom has announced they will regularly update the title with various DLC-packages. Moreover the DLC will be free.
- Will I be able to play the Wii U-versoin off-TV?
Yes. It will be possible to play MH3U on the screen of your Wii U-controller. (Of course the console must be running though)
- Will I be able to play online with the 3DS-version?
No. The Wii U-version will be the only one that allows you to play online. However offline-multiplayer-games are still possible (as in MHFU for PSP). Also your character can be transfered from Wii U to 3DS and vice-versa.
- If I have the 3DS version, can I play with a friend that owns MH3U on Wii U?
Yes, this will be possible. But again: only offline-multiplayer.
If you can think of any other questions that weren’t answered, let me know and I’ll try to answer as best I can.